General Manager – Ponoka Location
Adams Chevrolet Buick GMC Ltd. is one of Alberta's largest rural GM Dealerships with locations in Wetaskiwin and Ponoka, Alberta. We are proud of our state-of-the-art dealerships and are committed to providing our customers with the best service possible. With two locations, we are able to serve customers in Ponoka, Wetaskiwin, Edmonton, Red Deer, and surrounding areas.
This is a full-time on-site role for a General Manager for our Ponoka location. The General Manager will be responsible for day-to-day tasks such as managing dealership operations, overseeing sales and service departments, managing employees, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Provide overall operations management by leading a team of individuals within the location.
- Work closely with the Dealer on matters of planning and dealership operations.
- Be completely responsible for and held accountable for the successful operation of the dealership.
- Managing the sales department on a day to day basis, including desking deals, ordering new inventory, purchasing pre-owned vehicles at auction, appraising trades, and keeping the sales staff motivated and focused on achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Model and foster a strong personal interest in customer enthusiasm among all departments of the dealership.
- Ensure the dealership of a reasonable profit through intensive long- and short-range planning and successful implementation of those plans.
- Lead the dealership team to success by working with all departments closely and by promoting cooperation among departments.
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of all departments so that the dealership operates as a team
- Oversee expense control and ensure costs are maintained for labour, supplies etc.
- Experience in dealership management, sales, and service operations
- Excellent leadership, management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and lead a team effectively
- Knowledge of automotive industry trends and market conditions
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
- Valid driver's license
- Experience with GM franchise is a plus
Ponoka is nestled in the Battle River Valley, along the Highway 2 corridor, 59kms north of Red Deer and 95kms south of Edmonton. Ponoka is home to more than 7,300 people and is the perfect place to raise a family. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all candidates. We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org