Automotive Technician – Ponoka Location
We are a family owned and operated dealership located in Central Alberta for over 33 years, 20 minutes north of Red Deer and one hour south of Edmonton. Due to our rapidly expanding business we are in need of high quality General Motors technicians. We have a very busy shop and looking for someone who is top performer and is able to produce a high number of hours.
- Able to diagnose and repair GM automotive systems including engines, steering, brakes, suspension, transmission, air conditioning, etc.
- Complete service and repair assignments efficiently, safely, and correctly to pass quality inspections set forth by dealership and GM's quality standards.
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures.
- Communicate directly with service advisors and foreman regarding status of the service work.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques.
- Master certified or 2+ years automotive technician/mechanic experience.
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer services.
- Working knowledge of shop equipment (such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, a/c equipment, etc,).
- Strong automotive knowledge.
- Maintain sufficient personally owned tools in good working order.
What We Offer:
- A solid foundation of Customers from over 33 years of business.
- A very competitive compensation plan.
- Moving allowance provided.
- Health, dental and vision benefits.
- Employee discounts on vehicles, parts, and service work.
- Paid Training.
- No Sunday or holiday work.
- A fun place to work!
- 8 hour shift.
- Day shift.
- Some Saturday shifts required (4 hours).
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- Ongoing training.
- Vehicle purchase and service discounts.
Ponoka is nestled in the Battle River Valley, along the Highway 2 corridor, 59kms north of Red Deer and 95kms south of Edmonton. Ponoka is home to more than 7,300 people and is the perfect place to raise a family. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all candidates. We thank all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org